Christene%20LeDouxQuantcast

Saturday, April 19, 2008

12 makes me happy today...

12 must be my lucky number today.

I woke up at 4:12am with enough time to head out to the airport, check in my 3 guitars and 3 very large bags from clearing out storage completely, finally.
I arrived at oddly enough 5:12 with enough time to breath and walk calmly to my gate without running.
I sat at row 12 and met the most amazing person. We completely annoyed all within earshot with our laughing and talking but I don't care. After being on vocal rest, sucking on lozengers and drinking throat teas on my way, then after what I went through when I arrived in Austin with allergies, talking to my hearts content was well, a relief that I am still me and able to relax and chat on planes. :-)
The whole don't talk, breath your nose and suck lozengers was getting very, very old.

I am sitting now in Denver, Colorado at the airport. My layover is long which I purposefully planned as the other connection left me with only 30 minutes to spare from plane to plane. And with all my luggage I knew I would have, I figured that could get risky too.

I am chatting via Skype with my husband, eating my yummy organic apples...yeeehaw and reflecting on the very hectic but amazing and accomplished 12 days in Austin.

I don't want to give anything away ... or too much anyway ... about the record but I will tell you because I think I forgot to, my voice on Monday (the second to the last day of recording) returned to about 80%! Not 100 but enough to get a great sound out of these here old lungs and although I couldn't totally reach my head voice, it all worked out in the end.
Mark tells me I got a great little record here and from what I heard when I left, I would have to agree. More work is taking place as we speak. Very exciting.
I still can't believe it.

Yesterday, Dick and I met to discuss the cover and we have one! Yeehaw... So now that it's out of the way, we can build from there.
About 2 weeks or less to get this done is pushing it but like the record time recording this record (get it? heee... lame I know, sorry) things seem to be falling into place.

After all the loans and organizing/coordinating, details and stress, it's going to be if not in my hands in time for the start of my touring in June, surely by mid-June give or take.

Speaking of, "tumbleweed... " is also coming. More on that later as I haven't even begun to think past getting the files mastered. That is done and now I will think about the cover.

So much work to be done.
And although I feel very accomplished and totally exhausted, I am up for it and ready for the remaining long haul ahead of me. Including the insane schedule I will be keeping this summer and fall.

We'll see.

Funny how things work out in the end.

All it is taking today is the number 12 to give me hope.

No comments: