Christene%20LeDouxQuantcast

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

whiskey thoughts...

(written Dec. 7, 2007 @ 16:34)
I was in the green room in Vienna, Austria - after a show when I wrote Whiskey Night. That was 2004.

I'm not sure what the connection to whiskey and Austria is - but after having a nice dinner at my friend Lucia's last night, she brought out a bottle of Scotch.

When I left, she said she doesn't really drink Scotch and for me to take it home. *arm pull, arm pull *struggle* *struggle* .. gave in.

Uh-oh.

You see, I gave up whiskey drinking - ok, heavy whiskey drinking after the time I realized while giving an annual songwriting workshop in a small town in Louisiana - that I had maybe just a wee bit too much and searching through the night - in my pajamas, by foot - for fried chicken maybe wasn't such a great idea.

So it wasn't so much a surprise to me that when I got home last night, I had a stare down contest with.
It won and I drank some.

2 or so hours later and I have 4 songs about; whiskey, gold miners, more whiskey and a mountain man in a cabin, drinking whiskey. Yeah, I know.
Something about whiskey brings out this geeeeetar-pickin', foot-stompin, porch-sittin' girl in me. Um.

Today, as I pay for my sins, I remembered Whiskey Night and writing it some years back in Vienna.
So, yeah - I'm not sure what the connection is but honestly, I thought since it was on a tour in Ireland that I REALLY discovered the stuff (Bushmills if you must know, I mean - it is Christmas after all:-) it would be somewhere on those roads I let it go - or perhaps pulled out the notebook and geeetar and went at it.

Now it's off to drink Glühwein & watch the Krampus show with good friends at the Christkindlmarkt. Ok, maybe I will watch THEM drink.
Anyway, don't get me started on Glühwein.

Your whiskey thoughts to start off the weekend.

Advice for the day; Drink it sloooow.

No comments: