Christene%20LeDouxQuantcast

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

meanwhile back in Austria...

(written January 16, 2008 @ 14:34)

Perhaps going shopping, with my bike - one bag and a huge appetite wasn't such a great idea after all.

Of course, it would have helped if I passed the huge bag of almonds and the rice, the apples and the oranges and would have thought for even just a second - exactly how much does this stuff weigh?

Nope.
Like any good shopper will attest to - being reasonable, practical and right brained (or is it left?) will not help you in such situations.
Your tummy is growling and everything - absolutely everything around you looks scrumptious, delicious and exactly what the doctor ordered.

And of course, after my what should have been my ten minute trip to the supermarket - turned into one long hour as I squinted and guessed, hoped and took a gamble - that it really was almond flour and not corn, rice and not well, who knows.

And when it turned out after everything was rung up they didn't take ATM's ... and I hiked it to the bank to with drawl the cash - ahead of me still, awaited the daunting and extremely scary task of getting every last morsel into my itty bitty backpack.



Shopping in Austria by bike Jan 2008



After a harrowing display my fellow shoppers happily scoffed at and crafty I must say packing job of 30 kilos at the very least, of goods - I made my way out. And although my back instantly hurt, my shoulders about to break and my balance just a little bit off - I triumphantly headed for my bike.

...only to find a flat tire.

... ooh but so worth the trouble... ;



result of shopping by bike ...yeah!

No comments: